Adderall Manufacturer Mallinckroft Is Awful

Adderall Manufacturer Mallinckroft Is Awful
A Review Containing Subjective Input

Originally February 16, 2020


I have been prescribed Adderall/its generic equivalent on and off for 13 years; I've been on IR, XR, Vyvanse, brand name, various manufacturers. In the last 7 or 8 months, at least 3 times I have refilled my Rx for 20mg IR 'Adderall' and gotten these white, octagonal pills. The bottle lists "Mallinck" as the manufacturer, shorthand for Mallincrodt. These pills are, for lack of better word, garbage. While I am not going to take more than the doctor has prescribed me (because I can't; 60 mg a day appears to be the upper limit), if I wanted to take a dose of Mallinckrodt equivalent to the normal kind I get, I would have to probably take somewhere in the range of 1.5 to 1.8 times the dose--possibly even twice as much or more. Seriously, this stuff stinks. Also, it has a divergent side effect profile when compared to the other brands, it would seem. My suspicion is that it has a higher level of the levo isomer. On this medication I can still sit still (which is miraculous compared to how I used to be when off the drug), although I do occasionally have small jitters--paling in comparison to my pre-medicated state, nonetheless. Overall, my impulsiveness appears to also be reduced on the Mallinck version. However, the level of focus attainable on it does not sit at the same table as what I would get from virtually any other kind of amphetamine, IR or XR or Vyvanse, regardless of manufacturer from what I recall. Though I do not take Adderall et al for its mood-altering qualities, I do have co-morbid depression (for which I am also medicated), but the Mallinck version has absolutely zero positive mood boost in the AM at its onset. It seems to take 2+ hours to begin to provide any discernible effect, sometimes not even until well after my second pill, and even that is unimpressive. The focus, ability to easily organize and be proactive, plan, etc seems to suffer most from this manufacturer.

Several months ago, if I went to a pharmacy that carried these pills, I would take my script and go elsewhere. However, in Pennsylvania the law now requires doctors to electronically transfer their orders to pharmacies--or A pharmacy. They only are able to transmit scripts to the same pharmacy. With a chain pharmacy such as Rite Aid, I could theoretically have that pharmacy electronically send it to another Rite Aid pharmacy. However, most chains seem to stock the same one or two manufacturers. This makes it incredibly difficult to actually obtain the proper medication that I need.

Many might think of ADHD as just something that hyperactive kids have and that college students abuse, questioning even its existence in the first place. I can tell you first hand that ADHD exists, and that it seriously impairs those who have it well into adulthood. For some, symptoms may vanish after adolescence. Most of us are not that lucky. The manifestations of ADHD change form in adulthood: for example, hyperactivity leads to restlessness. Impulsiveness frequently gives way to drug and alcohol misuse, questionable sexual encounters, poor money management, jumping from job to job. A lack of focus damages an adult with ADHD's attentiveness while driving, it engenders relationship problems, performance issues at work; reasonably intelligent people may fail to finish college because of these burdens. The economic and human cost of ADHD is enormous. Meanwhile, stimulants like Adderall provide immense relief to people like myself. Think about a light switch--that is essentially the manner in which properly formulated amphetamines work, at least for me. The fact that Mallinckroft's version--or perversion--of Adderall can remain on the market as it is represents a serious problem for anybody unlucky enough to have to take it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Symptoms of Infection: and I Don't Just Mean Coronavirus

They Should Understand Addiction, Or At Least Try!

Ukrainian Chess Champion Found Dead In Russia